Monday, December 12, 2011

Banana Orange "Sunshine Smoothie"




I don't know about you, but I start longing for beaches and sunshine approximately 3.5 days after the first snowfall. Honestly, I am a tropical weather girl. In my perfect world, 1 week of fluffy light snowfall a year (ideal for skiing!) is enough. Fall is romantic and summer is bright, but winter and spring are just cold, slogging affairs that drag on and on and on. Plus the weather outside today is gloomy and dark, a strangely wet day for the beginning of winter.
So as another pick-me-up (I seem to require a lot of those lately) I made myself a banana-orange smoothie, also largely due to the fact that bananas and oranges are the only fresh tropical fruits I have on hand right now.




RECIPE:
*1 ripe banana, roughly sliced
*1/2 cup milk
*Juice of 1/2 a fresh orange
*3-4 ice cubes



PREPERATION:
1.) Put everything in blender and blend on high for about 10-15 seconds.



2.) Garnish with wedge of orange if desired and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing each and every one of your pieces of feedback!