Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 3: Final day

It's the last day of my prehistoric-inspired living, and I'm proud to say I have not let a bite of anything containing sugar down my throat. I did lick a cookie once out of sheer desperation but immediately dropped it and it was devoured by the ever-alert Lulu.

BREAKFAST: Snacked on a pear, an orange, and a bit of whole wheat baguette with canola oil while waiting for my family to wake up

LUNCH: Then brunched on some salt-boiled duck and lettuce boiled in the duck stock. Have I mentioned my immense love for lettuce or cabbage in soups and stews? There's just something about the crunchiness and the way the leaves hold in liquid and flavor...
Anyways, I had a few bites of that as well as another couple pears which I downed like candy

DINNER: Hand-pulled noodle soup with potatoes and tofu in it. A few chunks of leftover duck, two pears, and a handful of almonds.

OBSERVATIONS: Amazingly, I've been eating wayyy more than usual since I've cut out sugar- I guess my body needs the calories it usually gets from chocolate and cookies. But that's questionable, since I've been working out a lot harder this week as well so the increase in my intake may be due to that as well.

Overall this was an interesting experience, though I'm feeling a bit bloated from all the fruit I've been eating. Hope all of you who did this detox with me made it through three whole days of cave people food.

I'm already planning what I'm going to make tomorrow to break my sugar fast... y'all should look forward to some decadently amazing confections!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing each and every one of your pieces of feedback!