Thursday, September 22, 2011

Apple Bread

First off, I would like to apologize for not posting as often as I would like; between school, tennis, music, homework, various extracurriculars, and volunteering, I don't exactly have a lot of spare time. However, this makes me treasure the little free time I do have, and I try to make the most of it.
They say "time moves slowly, but passes quickly." I can't help but agree- after all, it seems like summer was just yesterday but feels like my immense school workload has been on my shoulders forever! And as the time so quickly passes, it's almost October. Thank god apples are still in season though, because they are one of my favorite ingredients to cook with. Apples and pumpkins are kind of like how peaches, watermelon, and tomatoes are to me in the summer. Last weekend I made one of my favorite baked apple recipes; a quick and easy apple bread that is extremely versatile and can be spread with cream cheese and enjoyed as breakfast, baked into muffins, or, with the help of some honey or extra sugar, be served as dessert.


My warning about this bread; eat with caution, for even when the bread part may seem cool enough, the baked-in apple bits are like little heat bombs! The same warning applies to blueberry muffins.

RECIPE:
*3 cups all-purpose flour
*2 teaspoons cinnamon
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1/2 teaspoon baking powder
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2 cup vegetable oil
*2 cups sugar
*2 eggs, beaten
*1/2 teaspoon vanilla
*2 cups apples (peeled, cored, roughly chopped)
*1 cup walnuts or chopped

PREPERATION:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.) In a large bowl, combine cinnamon, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt
3.) In another bowl, combine vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugar
4.) Stir the two together, then stir in apples




5.) Divide mixture between two 8 inch by 4 inch pans
6.) Bake for 40-45 minutes, then let cool

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing each and every one of your pieces of feedback!