Sunday, January 1, 2012

Carribean Cruise Prt. 1 (Nassau, Bahamas)

Okay, I am more than a little bombed right now and quite irritable due to the fact that there aren't any fruits or vegetables in the house right now because we cleaned out the fridge before we left and I am CRAVING fresh produce like mad. So expect this post to be mostly pictures and few words. They do say one picture is worth a thousand words, so enjoy the bazillions (499, to be exact, but I'm not going to bore you guys with all of those) of pictures I took. And if you are trapped somewhere cold with no hope for escape at the moment, then you are free to weep and drool in jealousy.

We only stayed in Miami for like two hours before we boarded the ship, so here's a pic I took from the bus window as we were leaving the airport.




And our cruise ship, the Carnival Liberty:






I didn't take many pictures of the fare onboard the ship (which was pretty good though not spectacular, which is to be expected since they were feeding over 5,000 people onboard including crew members) but since I did hit the omlette bar hard every morning, I decided a picture of the wonderfully fresh, deliciously customized omlette was well deserved.




Bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, just a little bit of cheese, and extra mushrooms! Yum...


Our first day ashore: Nassau, Bahamas
The water was a shade of blue that seemed almost fake, and the beach was gorgeous. The Carribean, as a whole, just had a much more laid-back vibe than the harried pace of the North. For that week onboard, my sole objective was to relax and, like my friend Kiko so nicely puts it, "pull the broomstick out from up my ass."
We spent the day at the beach there since there wasn't really much else to do, and I tasted my first raw whole coconut.



















My dad's sand creations; and yes, people were staring at my PhD degree holding father as he was hunkered in the sand building replicas of famous tourist attractions.

Behold; The Great Pyramid of Giza:


Tian-An Men in Beijing (the big gate with a huge portrait of Chairman Mao on it)



Next to the memorial of a great Communist leader, he built the white house.




And my first whole raw coconut! Didn't taste too bad, but wasn't as bittersweet as I expected. Just tasted like stale water.



And after the day was done, we caught the sunset, which was much more exageraated and radiant out at sea. It slowly creeped down the horizon, and I took a ton of pictures of it at different stages.






And that was our first relaxing day ashore during the cruise. Make sure to check back for prt. 2 of my vacation, possibly plus my sudden epiphany for the making of a candied bacon sandwich.

Happy New Year Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing each and every one of your pieces of feedback!