Sunday, November 13, 2011

And... More Pumpkin! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins



With Thanksgiving so near, I'm feeling bombarded by all these pumpkin recipes. And with pounds of frozen pureed pumpkin in the freezer, what can I do but cave to the peer pressure?
These little muffins are not only delicious but made a great snack for me to bring to my after school activities. Sub applesauce for the vegetable oil and half a cup of flour for a few tablespoons of wheat germ, and it's practically healthy. (Not usually the direction I go with my baking, but it's always nice to cut calories if you're not sacrificing taste.)

RECIPE: (From food.com)
*4 eggs
*2 cups sugar (I used 1 cup)
*1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1 1/4 cups vegetable oil (yes, 1 1/4 cups)
*3 cups flour
*2 teaspoons baking soda
*2 teaspoons baking powder
*2 teaspoons cinnamon
*1 teaspoon salt
*12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips


PREPERATION:
1.) In large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and oil until smooth.


2.) Mix dry ingredients together and mix into pumpkin mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
3.) Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full
4.) Bake at 400 F for 16-20 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing each and every one of your pieces of feedback!