Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Teriyaki Pork Jerky

Is everyone else tired of plain old beef jerky yet? I was, after living off it for an entire week when we went camping once (raccoons ransacked all our other food supplies). However, I decided not to hold it against all jerkydom (is that a word?) and my mother and I baked Teriyaki Pork Jerky today. Sure beats plain old barely-seasoned beef jerky, and is fresh but chewy.




RECIPE: Teriyaki Pork Jerky (Serves one)
recipe courtesy of my dear mother, who picked it up from her mother's kitchen. The romantic pass-down-by-generations story ends here, because I'm almost positive my grandmother got it out of the local newspaper
*1 tablespoon soy auce
*1 teaspoon black pepper
*1 teaspoon garlic powder
*1 teaspoon chile powder
*1 tablespoon sugar
*1 teaspoon hoisin sauce- you can get it in almost any asian food store, and it might help if you ask for the seafood sauce
*1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced

PREPERATION:
1.)Marinate pork in sauce for 2-3 hours
2.)Preheat oven to 300 degrees Farenheit
3.)Bake for 1 hour until it turns dry
4.)Take out of oven and let it sit for 5 minutes to dry out and cool

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing each and every one of your pieces of feedback!